Thursday, July 21, 2011

Prison Poll
A new poll shows that most Californians would rather live next to a newly-released prisoner than pay more taxes to keep inmates behind bars. But even more Californians would be willing to pay a lot more taxes not to have to live anywhere near Lindsay Lohan.

Fed Preps
Reuters has an exclusive report about how the Fed is preparing for a possible U.S. government default next month. Some Fed board members will be helping banks make loans, others will assist the Treasury with mailing out Social Security checks, and the rest of them are grabbing whatever gold they can and heading to Tijuana.

Coin Case
The Philadelphia family suing to get its rare golden eagle coins back from the government lost their case in federal court yesterday. But as a consolation prize, the feds are allowing the family to keep their incandescent lightbulbs.

Boozing in America
A new study shows 25% of all Americans participated in binge drinking in the past month, the other 75% had to clean up the puke.

Greek Deal
Germany and France have reached a deal on a new Greek rescue plan. In return for 70 billion euros, Greece has agreed to clean Dominique Strauss-Kahn's hotel bed sheets.

July 21st

1919: The dirigible Wingfoot Air Express crashes into the Illinois Trust and Savings Building in Chicago, briefly disturbing the dozens of people who were in the midst of robbing the place.

1925: In Dayton, Tennessee, high school biology teacher John T. Scopes is found guilty of teaching evolution in class, and nothing about global warming which is far more important.

1969: Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin become the first humans to walk on the Moon. Months later, they become the first humans to walk in Los Angeles.


Post a Comment

<< Home