Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Jonestown Anniversary
It's the 30th anniversary of the Jonestown mass suicide that left more than 900 people dead. It's also the 28th anniversary of the TV movie about Jonestown, that left 40 million viewers wishing they were dead.

Pirate Attacks
Somali pirates have hijacked their 8th ship in a week in the Gulf of Aden. The pirates are demanding money, food and a chance to meet Johnny Depp.

South Korea Students
In South Korea, 93% of high school students graduate on time... the other 7% move to America and graduate 2 years early.

Avastin Warning
The FDA is putting a major warning on the cancer drug Avastin, because it increases risks of blood clots... and its $55,000 annual price tag also causes heart attacks.

Cuomo Donations
New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo is asking for political donations from the same Wall Street executives he's investigating and telling not to take bonuses for this year. He's also demanding that they bend over, get paddled, and say, "thank you sir, may I have another!"


Post a Comment

<< Home