Friday, June 10, 2011

Gas Down
Gas prices are down more than 27 cents in the last month... which means more Americans can now afford to drive to the unemployment office!

Cop Layoffs
The L.A. police chief says it looks like he's going to have to furlough thousands of officers at the end of this month. Well, that's one way to finally get cops back out on the streets.

Scamming Politician
An elected official on Long Island, New York has been collecting unemployment checks for almost two years. Finally, a politician who admits he's not doing any work!

Smoking Study
A new study explains why smokers gain weight after they quit smoking. It turns out you can eat a lot more when you're not dead.

Weiner Poll
A new poll shows 56% in Anthony Weiner's district don't want him to resign. The other 44% just want him to switch to boxers.

June 10th

1692: Bridget Bishop is hanged at Gallows Hill near Salem, Massachusetts, for witchcraft, sorceries, and putting a hex on the Red Sox that didn't wear off until 2004.

1864: Confederate troops under Nathan Bedford Forrest defeat a much larger Union force in Mississippi. This is what happens when you offer Southern men Lynyrd Skynyrd tickets as an incentive.

1935: Dr. Robert Smith takes his last drink, and Alcoholics Anonymous is founded in Akron, Ohio. That must have been one lousy drink.


Post a Comment

<< Home