Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Libby Trial Strategy
As the defense continues its case in the Scooter Libby trial, his lawyers are portraying him as a man with a bad memory. And to prove it, they showed pictures of Libby agreeing to go hunting with Dick Cheney just last week.

Lebanon Attacks
Three civilians were killed and 19 wounded in two terrorist bus bombings in Lebanon Tuesday... but since the Israelis didn't have anything to do with it, no one in the world is going to pay any attention.

Monkey Tools
Chimpanzees may have been using stone "hammers" as long as 4,300 years ago according to an international team of archaeologists. It's not clear if we humans started using hammers before the chimps, or if we simply waited until they went on sale at Home Depot.

Utah Mall Shooting
An 18-year-old man opened fire in a Salt Lake City mall Monday, killing five people before shooting himself. Police are still looking for a motive in the case, but it looks like it might have something to do with his being embarrassed about getting caught shopping at Bath & Body Works.

Harvard Grads
A new survey shows that 13% of the Harvard Law School class of 2006 is now working in hedge funds, where their average salary is $289,000 per year. The other 87% are working on one or more of the cases involving Anna Nicole Smith.

North Korea Deal Details
Under the new deal worked out with the U.N., North Korea now has 60 days to shut down its nuclear complex and readmit nuclear inspectors. In return, it will get the vital supplies it's been demanding including 50,000 tons of fuel, $2.2 million in financial aid, and 2.3 million rolls of toilet paper.


Post a Comment

<< Home