Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 17th

1776: British forces evacuate Boston... mostly in a desperate attempt to avoid annoying Red Sox fans.

1921: The Second Republic of Poland adopts the March Constitution. The first republic is still thinking about it.

1992: 68% of South Africans vote to end apartheid, the other 32% vote the other way in hopes of keeping Bruce Springsteen out of the country.


Post a Comment

<< Home