Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rail Money
President Obama will announce $8 billion in high speed rail funding today. That's $1 billion for new projects, and $7 billion to clean the bathrooms on Amtrak.

Apple's Tablet
Apple has released its long-awaited tablet computer, calling it the iPad. It will also come in a larger size for women called the MAXiPad.

Toyota Shutdowns
Because of its massive recall, Toyota is idling plants all across the world. But despite the fact that its factories are completely shut down, Toyota workers are still 37% busier than anyone at the UAW.

GM Response
In reaction to the massive Toyota recall, General Motors is offering Toyota owners $1,000 to break their leases and go to GM. Toyota is countering with something more valuable to GM owners: the addresses and phone numbers of all mechanics in their area.

Nursing Home Problems
A new report shows that 20% of nursing homes get bad quality ratings. The other 80% have free cable.

January 28th

1573: Freedom of religion is granted in Poland... most of the Polish people hear the news and continue killing Jews.

1916: Louis D. Brandeis becomes the first Jew appointed to the United States Supreme Court... most of the Polish people hear the news and continue killing Jews.

1921: A symbolic Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is installed beneath the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. Millions of living French soldiers immediately rush to the tomb and surrender.

1965: The current design of the Flag of Canada is chosen by an act of Parliament after most of the ruling cabinet loses a drinking game.


Post a Comment

<< Home