Monday, November 01, 2010

Giants win Series!
The San Francisco Giants won the World Series in Texas last night. The Giants wanted to win last night so they could rush home in time to vote for legalizing marijuana in California today.

Uniform Decision
The good news is the Girl Scouts have decided to continue making their uniforms in the USA. The bad news is they're being made by Larry Flynt.

GM Shares
GM will sell shares in a new stock offering today. Each share will be priced between $26 and $29... oh wait no, that's what people are willing to pay for a Chevy Volt.

Sheen Divorce
Charlie Sheen is divorcing his wife. He always gets tired of women as soon as they learn how to block his best punches.

Cargo Scare
A new study shows only 20% of the cargo headed to the U.S. is checked by security for things that could kill people. The other 80% is the stuff from China that's killing our economy.

November 2nd

1772: Samuel Adams and Joseph Warren form the first Committee of Correspondence. Warren is still wondering why no one named a beer after him.

1898: Cheerleading is started at the University of Minnesota with Johnny Campbell leading the crowd in cheering on the football team. He looked terrible in a skirt.

1966: The Cuban Adjustment Act goes into effect, allowing 123,000 Cubans the opportunity to apply for permanent residence in the United States. Most of them join the Houston Astros.


Post a Comment

<< Home