Friday, July 30, 2010

Rangel Charges
New York Congressman Charlie Rangel has been charged with 13 ethics violations for tax cheating, accepting illegal gifts, and defrauding the Slim Fast diet plan.

Textbook Deals
A new law will allow college students to shop around for deals on textbooks. Schools will be required to post prices for cheaper used books, ever less expensive older editions, and the highly-priced books that have never been used by everyone on the Florida State football team.

Obama to Detroit
President Obama goes to Detroit today to proclaim the $85 billion auto bailout a success. He'll be joined by the three Americans who have bought an American car since January.

Spanish Unemployment
Spain's jobless rate has hit 20.9%... making it much harder for the other 79.1% of Spanish people to keep pretending that they're working.

Clinton Rehearsal
The rehearsal dinner for Chelsea Clinton's wedding is this evening. It's a very exclusive event, but the rest of America can have the same experience tonight by going to see the new movie "Dinner for Schmucks."

July 30th

1733: The first Masonic Grand Lodge in America is founded in Massachusetts. It remains as the best excuse in all of America for men to avoid their wives one night a week.

1965: President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Social Security Act of 1965 into law, establishing Medicare and guaranteeing that all doctors’ offices are jammed with annoying old people for the next five decades.

2003: The last 'old style' Volkswagen Beetle rolls off the assembly line. It is now the home of a family of 6 in Guadalajara.


Post a Comment

<< Home